This is definitely one of my favorite Bird cover from Dr Jean-Michel as it depicts an Ornate Hawk-Eagle and the fact that this cover is from Nicaragua. I got this cover during the Monsoon Season hence it got wet when it reach me. Though its unfortunate, I am still glad that I got this beautiful cover and a wet cover is actually prove that the cover actually travel all the way from Nicaragua to Malaysia. OMG!!! Am I telling this to make myself feel better? HAHAHA.... Well, I will let my readers be the judge of this.

A Little Info on Ornate Hawk-Eagle:

The Ornate Hawk-Eagle, Spizaetus ornatus, is a bird of prey from the tropical Americas. Like all eagles, it is in the family Accipitridae. This species is notable for its vivid colors, which differ markedly between adult and immature birds.

This is a medium-large raptor, at about 58-64 cm (23-25 in) in length, and weighing about 1200 g (42 oz). It has a prominent pointed crest, raised when excited, a black bill, broad wings and a long rounded tail.

The typical adult has blackish upperparts and crown, bright chestnut sides to the neck and breast and a black-edged white throat and central breast. The rest of the underparts and feathered legs are white barred with black, and the tail has broad black bars. The underwings are white, with barred flight feathers; due to the heavy pattern birds usually look rather dark in flight.

Though locally rare, it is not considered a threatened species by the IUCN due to its wide range.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornate_Hawk-eagle

0 comments: