Thanks to my dear friend, Andre de Melo for sending me so many materials on my Christian themes, that being churches and pope. I really love all the materials and was certainly shock to get them. I do hope you like all the materials I've send you. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU my friend.

Cover


A beautiful registered cover franked with a complete set of American Heritage stamps issued on 25th September 2007. Really love the set of stamps for one of the stamp depicts the turkey. Turkey originates from North America, where it is also a main cuisine of North and Latin America. In 16th to 19th centuries, turkey was imported to Portugal and other European countries. As you can see from the stamps, food like sweet potato, maize, cocoa and passion fruit was also introduce to the European nations. The turkey depicted by the stamp was drawn by the famous Pierre Gourdelle in 1555.


FDC

A very very beautiful Christian FDC depicting Pope John Paul II. Truly a great material for my collection.

Pope John Paul II
or John Paul the Great, born Karol Józef Wojtyła served as Pope of the Catholic Church and Sovereign of Vatican City from 16 October 1978 until his death almost 27 years later. His was the second longest pontificate; only Pope Pius IX served longer. He was the only Polish Pope, and was the first non- Italian Pope since Dutch Pope Adrian VI in the 1520s.

John Paul II has been widely acclaimed as one of the most influential leaders of the twentieth century. It is widely agreed that he was instrumental in ending communism in his native Poland and eventually all of Central Europe, Southern Europe and Eastern Europe as well as significantly improving the Catholic Church's relations with Judaism, the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Anglican Communion.

He was one of the most-travelled world leaders in history, visiting 129 countries during his pontificate. He was fluent in many languages. As part of his special emphasis on the universal call to holiness, he beatified 1,340 people and canonised 483 Saints, more than the combined tally of his predecessors during the last five centuries.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_Paul_II

Postcards





Besides this, my dear friend has also included a galore of postcards depicting Churches around the world. Though I'm not a big fan of postcards, but all these beautiful postcards are definitely gems to be kept and collected. Again, thanks my dear friend for all your effort and help.

3 comments:

MANO'S PASSION FOR STAMPS said...

dear ronny,

the envelope showing the stamps and special cancellation of Pope is a fantastic piece for your album. the picture obtained in the special date stamp is found to be an exact picture of Pope available in the stamp. it is first class and you'r lucky to get a piece of it. veeraraghavan

ronny said...

Dear Uncle,
yes, have to agree with you and I definitely love the postmark alot.

Master said...

Dear Ronny!
Its Cheema here from Pakistan. The same guy from http://mycoolcovercollection.blogspot.com/

I am sorry for my absence. In fact I am still in mountains and have not been able to send the packet to you. Although I have found another very beautiful Church FDC from Pakistan for you. You can see a scan of the FDC at http://paknetmag.blogspot.com/2009/08/celebration-of-minorities-week-5th-to.html

I will go back to my home by 10th of November hopefully and will send you the packet on the first available time slot.
Best Regards
Yours Cheema