Pos Malaysia Berhad will be issuing a special collection of stamps and first-day covers with regards to Pahang Heritage on 24th October 2010 in conjunction with the 80th Birth Anniversary of HRH Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah. There will be a total of 3 design with 60 sen, 80sen and RM1 denomination. In addition, the cover will be sold at 30 sen each.

To be frank, I was a little surprise as i was expecting Cameron Highlands, the national park, etc would be depicted as the heritage of Pahang. I guess I have no say to this and have to bluntly accept it. LOL. Nevertheless, this will be an interesting issue for those who collect on the theme on Malaysian Royalty.

I doubt this will be a HOT issue but I guess its too early for me to say so. Let's see what happen and as usual I will prepare covers for all my cover collector buddies. If any of my readers wants mint set, please drop me a mail/comment.

Price:
STAMP SET 3v :RM2.40
Cover: 30 sen

A little info:

HRH Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah ibni Sultan Abu Bakar Riayatuddin Al-Muadzam Shah (born 24 October 1930 at Istana Mangga Tunggal, Pekan) was the seventh Yang di-Pertuan Agong (roughly equivalent to King) of Malaysia from 29 March 1979 to 25 April 1984, and fifth Sultan of modern Pahang.

Born Tengku Ahmad Shah, he was the only son of Sultan Sir Abu Bakar Riayatuddin Al-Muadzam Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Abdullah Al-Mutassimu Billah Shah (reigned 1932-1974) by his official and royal consort, Tengku Ampuan Besar Fatimah binti Almarhum Sultan Iskandar Kadasallah Shah.

A student of the Malay College Kuala Kangsar, he received diplomas in public administration from Worcester College, Oxford and Exeter University. He succeeded his father as sultan in 1974.


2 comments:

Firstdaycover said...

Myself as collector really not interested to go into this kind of collection. Once again very dissappointed with this kind of topic.

ronny said...

Dear friend,

I have to agree on the disappointment but I guess beauty lies in the beholder. Definitely not my type but I guess there are people who will like the issue. LOL...