Pos Malaysia will be issuing yet another personalized stamps with regards to celebration in Malaysia. This time around, its for Deepavali and Pos Malaysia will issue the full sheet on 14th October 2010 which is tomorrow. The full sheet cost RM19.00 which again I think its rather expensive when you consider the face value of the stamp which is only RM6.00

I guess this is an opportunity for collectors/philatelist to add this set to their personalized stamp collection. Moreover, an opportunity to have some private FDCs. That will be interesting. Though, its an interesting idea by Pos Malaysia, I do feel a sense of uneasiness when it comes to issues of this sort. How do we categorized them? They are personalized stamps which are officially issued by Pos Malaysia. I guess I better take this to my next post and I'm sure it will be a heated discussion as personalized stamps has always been a rather controversial thingy in philately.

Anyway, it will be great to have this stamps on a postal cover as this kinda cover can be scare in the future. Doubt many will buy these stamps to post their cards. LOL... To all my readers who are interested in this set, please drop me a message/comment as I will not be getting this set unless requested by friends.

Last but not least, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my Hindu friends an advance HAPPY DEEPAVALI.

0 comments: