Nov 23, 2010

Cover From Latvia


This is a beautiful cover from Latvia. However, being a cover collector, I would have prefer that the first day postmark to be cancelled on the stamp rather than the cover. Another thing I don't fancy is the difference in date for both the postmark; meaning this cover was cancelled on the first day of issue but send on a much later day. Like all cover collectors, I would have preferred a real posted cover. A real posted cover is a First Day Cover that is send on the first day of issue bearing both the official cancellation and CDS cancellation. Ooops, sorry... I guess I should not demand to much. No matter how a cover is send, it still represents the modern day postal history.

Anyway, I still love this cover a lot as I understand how much effort was put into making this cover. Thank you my friend and I'm looking forward to more friendly exchanges with friends from Latvia.

0 comments: